2017-2018 Production Grant Guidelines
Through the generous support of the Heimbinder Family Foundation, Dance Source Houston is pleased to provide production funding to our member organizations through the Production Grant program. The Production Grant program has been designed to make it simple for individual artists and organizations within DSH’s membership to receive financial support to help offset costs associated with producing their work.
Now in its fourth year, the program will provide grants distributed over the course of the 2017-2018 performance season. The submission period will begin November 10, 2017 and will close when funds have been depleted.
Successful applications will request funding for production or technical elements that will create a meaningful impact on the production value of the performance that would otherwise be unattainable without the grant funds.
Maximum grant request amount: $750
The Production Grant program looks to support member artists and organizations with funds to offset the cost of production.
- Applicants must be existing intermediate/advanced level members of Dance Source Houston in good standing with budgets under $500,000.
- Funded projects must culminate in a public performance occurring within the greater Houston, Texas area.
- Applicants can only be funded once during the 2017-2018 season.
- Funded performances must take place November 15, 2016 – June 30, 2017.
- Funds from the grant award must be used to offset expenses for a production related element that would otherwise have been unattainable without the grant. This must be clearly stated in the application.
- Applicants who have previously received Production Grant funds may not apply for an expense the program has already funded.
- All approved applicants are required to meet with DSH staff to go over the grant process following notification.
How To Apply
Fill out the application HERE and attach all required supplemental materials. Be sure that your request is clearly for an element of your work that is:
- not covered by your current budget
- will enhance either a specific area of your work or the overall performer or audience experience
Applications are processed on a rolling basis. Due to time constraints, incomplete applications will not be considered.
Production Grant recipients must provide invoices from their vendor or contracted personnel before payment can be made. DSH can pay vendors/contractors directly or, if provided proof of payment, DSH will reimburse the member artist or organization.
Applicants can apply for funds to support a variety of production related expenses including, but not limited to:
- Production personnel: stage manager, lighting designer, costume designer, set designer, sound operator etc.
- Rental or purchase of production equipment
- Set Design
- Multimedia Design
You can contact the Dance Source staff at any time with questions about your application. We can be reached by phone at 713.224.3262 or via email:
Mollie Haven Miller, Executive Director: email@example.com
Jhon Stronks, Programs Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org