2016-2017 Production Grant Guidelines
Through the generous support of the Heimbinder Family Foundation, Dance Source Houston is pleased to provide production funding to our member organizations through the Production Grant program. The Production Grant program has been designed to make it simple for individual artists and organizations within the DSH membership to receive financial support to help offset costs associated with self-production.
Now in its third year, the program will provide grants distributed over the course of the 2016-2017 performance season. An open submission period will begin November 15, 2016.
Successful applications will request funding for production or technical elements that will create a meaningful impact on the production value of the performance that would otherwise be unattainable without the grant funds.
The submission period will close once funds have been depleted.
Maximum grant request amount: $750
The Production Grant program looks to support member artists and organizations with funds to offset the cost of self-production.
- Applicants must be existing intermediate/advanced level members of Dance Source Houston, in good standing as of October 1, 2016 with budgets under $500,000.
- Funded projects must culminate in a public performance occurring within the greater Houston, Texas area.
- Applicants can only be funded once during the 2016-2017 season.
- Funded performances must take place November 15, 2016 – June 30, 2017.
- Funds from the grant award must be used to offset expenses for a production related element that would otherwise have been unattainable without the grant. This must be clearly stated in the application.
How to apply
- Download the application form (word .doc).
- Email the completed application form and supplemental materials in PDF form to email@example.com.
- Applications are processed on a rolling basis. The final deadline is June 30, 2017, or when funds have been depleted.
- Due to time constraints, incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applicants can apply for funds to support a variety of production related expenses including, but not limited to:
- Production personnel: stage manager, lighting designer, costume designer, set designer, sound operator etc.
- Rental or purchase of production equipment
- Set Design
Venue rental fees are not eligible for funding.
You can contact the Dance Source staff at any time with questions about your application. We can be reached by phone at 713.224.3262 or via email:
Mollie Haven Miller, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jhon Stronks, Programs Manager: email@example.com