Dance Source Houston’s Artist-in-Residence program is open to Houston dance artists of all genres. Artists for the 2018-19 season will be selected based upon their desire to push themselves and their art to new levels by taking risks and maximizing their time in the residency. The residency will culminate with performances of the work created.
A maximum of four artists will be selected for the 2018-19 season.
Residency artists will receive:
- Weekly rehearsal space at a Houston area studio
- Access to professional development workshops
- Production and marketing plan assistance
- Individual artist grant application assistance
- Shared performance opportunities
Residency artists will be required to:
- Attend workshops and meetings with other resident artists
- Attend and participate in monthly Fieldwork sessions
- Execute deadlines on production/marketing plan
- Complete a Support for Artists and Creative Individuals grant through Houston Arts Alliance
- Create 15-20 minutes of new work by the end of the residency term
- Be available for tech/production weeks for culminating performances
Artists must be a Dance Source Houston member to be eligible to apply. If selected, membership must be at the intermediate level or higher.
Application deadline is August 15, 2018.
Two info sessions will be offered to answer questions on the application, selection process and residency program – July 2 from 6-8pm and an August date TBA. MATCH, Upstairs conference room, 3400 Main Street. Please RSVP here.
Former AIRs include Shanon Adame, Jacquelyne Jay Boe, Amy Elizabeth, Lindsay Gary, Laura Harrell, Lisa Harris, Jasmine Hearn, Ashley Horn, Laura Gutierrez, Abijan Johnson, Autumn Knight, Ty Lewis, Jennifer Mabus, Alisa Mittin, Kate Rash, Joel Rivera, Felicia Thomas, Heather vonReichbauer and Lori Yuill.