Calling all Dance Artists and Organizations!
Dance Source invites Houston based dance professionals and organizations to become members. Membership provides access to a range of services and is available at three levels: Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced. Please select the membership that is most appropriate to you. If at any point during your membership year you would like to upgrade, you will have the opportunity to pay the difference between levels. Your membership includes the benefits listed below as well as any new benefits as they are developed.
Please note that Dance Source Houston strives to keep the cost of membership at a minimum, and that the benefits listed below are underwritten in part by support from the Houston Arts Alliance and Houston Endowment.
Together, our combined strength ensures that dance assumes its rightful place in Houston’s art scene, and that Houston takes its place among the top dance communities in the country.
Please note that memberships last for one year from date of purchase. Unused benefits cannot be carried forward from one year to the next.
For more information or other payment options, contact Mollie at email@example.com or by calling 713.224.3262
- Access to Member meetings/convenings
- Eligible to apply to Mind The Gap and Artist In Residence program
- Eligible to apply to the HIVE program
- Discount to all Dance Source Houston workshops
- Discount to Barnstorm Dance Fest application fee
- Pro-rated classes at Hunter Dance Center and Houston Ballet
- Discount on studio rentals at local studios
- Discount to Lynn Lane Photography
- Discount on Dance Source Houston distribution service
- Discount on Dance Source Houston Dance Card ads
All benefits of Beginning membership plus:
- Inclusion in weekly Dance Source Houston newsletter member list and performance eblast
- Ability to store costumes at The Costume Connection
- Discount on Dance Spot eblasts
- Press releases posted on The Dance Dish
- Eligible to participate to Mind The Gap and Artist In Residence program
- Personalized web page listing on DanceSourceHouston.org
- Use of non-profit permit mailing privileges
All benefits of Beginning and Intermediate membership plus:
- One commissioned writing each season
- One free distribution of marketing materials
Members should contact the following staff members for specific program questions:
Artists In Residence, Member Performance Eblast, Mind The Gap, and Website/Newsletter Listings – Jhon Stronks, Programs Manager
Distribution, Injury Clinic, Membership and the HIVE- Brittany Bass, Programs Associate
Barnstorm Dance Fest, Dance Card and Dance Spot ads, Dance Writings, Groundwork Grants and general inquiries – Mollie Haven Miller, Executive Director
Dance Source Houston is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting dance artists and organizations in the Greater Houston area. Dance Source’s goals are to support and promote the creation and performance of dance and to be an integral part and instigator of a thriving local dance community. Dance Source Houston offers an array of free services to the entire dance community, including:
- DanceSourceHouston.org – a comprehensive guide for current auditions, jobs, workshops, masterclasses, professional development and more in the Greater Houston area.
- The Dance Card – a calendar of upcoming dance events happening across Greater Houston
- The Dance Source E-Newsletter – a weekly newsletter that lists performances, workshops, classes, auditions, opportunities, and jobs pertaining to dance.
- The Dance DiSH – previews and reviews of local dance by leading writers and DSH member press releases
- The Dancer Fund – provides matching funds to freelance dancers who have received payment for project-based performance work
- Dancer Injury Clinic – a monthly clinic offering dancers a free assessment by a physical therapist, made possible through a partnership with Memorial Hermann IRONMAN Sports Medicine Institute
- Monthly Chitchats – monthly gathering of the Houston dance community with an opportunity to share news, ask questions and network in an informal setting
Dance Card Advertising: $100
Dance Source Houston’s website host The Dance Card, an online listing of dance performances happening in the Greater Houston area. Advertise your upcoming workshop, performance or special event and reach dancers and dance enthusiasts with an ad at the top of The Dance Card. A 4 week ad run is $100 for DSH members (non-member rate is $150). To reserve your ad space complete this online form.
Dance Spot Eblast: $75
In addition to the Dance Blast, which goes out each Wednesday and features intermediate and advanced level performances happening during the upcoming weekend, members can also reserve a paid eblast option, The Dance Spot, which will go out each Thursday and spotlight one performance, workshop or other event. The cost is $75 for DSH members (nonmember price is $100). Only one will be sent each week to our email list of 2,000 individuals. Reservations are first come, first serve. You are responsible for creating the content, which should be 560 X 700 and sent in JPG, GIF or PNG format. To reserve your week please fill out this online form.
Dance Source Houston will distribute your marketing materials to a list of approximately 100 locations inside the loop at a discounted member’s rate of $100 (regular price is $140). An additional 10% discount can be applied if 2 or more distributions are scheduled and paid for in advance. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Upcoming distribution deadlines can be found here.
Questions? Contact email@example.com or call 713-224-3262.