Dance Source Houston is pleased to provide funding to individual artists and organizations to offset production costs through the Production Grant program. Founded with support by the Heimbinder Family Foundation, the program is now in its fifth year and funded by Houston Endowment. During the 2018-19 season $20,000 was awarded to support projects in award amounts of up to $750 for DSH intermediate/advanced level members and $250 for beginner level members and nonmembers. The submission period has been closed and the funds have been depleted.
2018-19 Production Grant Recipients
Ascend Dance Collective
Bay Area Houston Ballet & Theatre
Dance of Asian America
Evelyn Rubenstein Jewish Community Center
Greenhouse Art Collective
Holding Space Dance Collective
Hope Stone Inc
Open Dance Project
Pilot Dance Project
Transitory Sound and Movement Collective
Uptown Dance Company
Vitis Vinifera Cultural Arts
The Production Grant program looks to support independent choreographers and dance organizations with funds to offset the cost of production.
Organization applicants must have an annual budget under $500,000.
- Funded projects must culminate in a public performance occurring within the Greater Houston region.
- Applicants can only be funded once during the 2018-2019 season.
- Funded performances must take place November 15, 2018 – June 30, 2019.
- Funds from the grant award must be used to offset expenses for a production related element. Eligible expenses are listed below.
- All approved applicants are required to attend an in-person meeting with DSH staff following notification of award.
Applicants can apply for funds to support a variety of production related expenses including, but not limited to:
- Production personnel: stage manager, lighting designer, costume designer, set designer, sound operator etc.
- Documentation of work
- Marketing: graphic design, advertising, postcard printing
- Rental or purchase of production equipment
- Set design
- Sound design
- Multimedia design
Ineligible expenses include, but are not limited to:
- Rehearsal space rental
- Performance space rental
- Artist fees
CLICK HERE or Please contact the Dance Source Houston regarding questions about the Production Grant program. We can be reached by phone at 713.224.3262 or via email:
Mollie Haven Miller, Executive Director: email@example.com
Jhon Stronks, Programs Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org