Dance Source Houston’s Artist-in-Residence program is open to Houston dance artists of all experience levels. Artists for the 2017-18 season were selected based upon their desire to push themselves and their art to new levels by taking risks and maximizing their time in the residency.
The 2017-18 season Artists In Residence are Shanon Adame, Lindsay Gary, Lisa Harris, Ashley Horn, Abijan Johnson and Kate Rash. To learn more about this year’s cohort click here.
Residency artists will receive:
- Rehearsal space at a Houston area studio
- Access to professional development workshops
- Production and marketing plan assistance
- Individual artist grant application assistance
- Shared performance opportunities
Residency artists will be required to:
- Attend workshops and meetings with other resident artists
- Attend and participate in Fieldwork sessions
- Execute deadlines on production/marketing plan
- Complete Individual Artist Grant through Houston Arts Alliance
- Create 15-20 minutes of new work through the residency to be presented at Barnstorm Dance Fest
Former AIRs include Jacquelyne Jay Boe, Amy Elizabeth, Laura Harrell, Jasmine Hearn, Laura Gutierrez, Autumn Knight, Ty Lewis, Jennifer Mabus, Alisa Mittin, Joel Rivera, Felicia Thomas, Heather vonReichbauer and Lori Yuill.
Join Dance Source Houston as we celebrate the 2017-18 AIRs ! The evening will include a performance by former AIR Laura Gutierrez and a conversation with our newest cohort of powerhouse makers, led by AIR alum Lori Yuill. We invite all to continue the conversation over light bites and beverages.
Advance donations can be made below or contact Mollie Haven Miller at 281.384.1036; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your donation supports the space rental from our partnering organizations and the ongoing professional development and technical support for each of the artists.