Dance Source Houston is thrilled to provide direct support to freelance dance artists who have received payment from choreographers and/or organizations for their project-based, performance related work through the Dancer Fund. Dance Source Houston will match up to $500 in payment(s) for performance project artist fees. Dancers may apply more than once to receive the $500 maximum award. A separate application must be submitted for each project.
The Dancer Fund is generously supported by Houston Endowment.
A total of $25,000 has been awarded to a total of 60 freelance dancers for performance activity taking place August 1, 2018, through June 30, 2019. The submission period has been closed because the funds have been depleted.
- Applicants must be 18 or older.
- Applicants must live and work in the Greater Houston region.
- Applicants must be applying for project-based performance work, not full company season related work.
- Applicants must provide a contract and proof of payment.
- The preferred proof of payment is check images from online banking. Acceptable forms of proof of payment also include Paypal and Venmo transaction receipts.
- Payments made in cash are not eligible.
- Applicants may be awarded a maximum of $500.
- Performances must take place August 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019.
How To Apply
Fill out the application at dancesourcehouston.submittable.com/submit and attach all required supplemental materials including signed contract(s), proof of payment(s) and a completed W9. If you need a contract template, you can download one here. Applications will be processed on a rolling basis.
CLICK HERE or Please contact the Dance Source Houston regarding questions about the Dancer Fund program. We can be reached by phone at 713.224.3262 or via email:
Mollie Haven Miller, Executive Director: email@example.com
Jhon Stronks, Programs Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org