Calling all Dance Artists and Organizations!
Dance Source invites Houston based dance professionals and organizations to become members. Membership provides access to a range of services and is available at three levels: Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced. Please select the membership that is most appropriate to you. Your membership includes the benefits listed below as well as any new benefits as they are developed. Please note that Dance Source Houston strives to keep the cost of membership at a minimum, and that the benefits listed below are underwritten in part by support from the Houston Arts Alliance and The Houston Endowment.
Together, our combined strength ensures that dance assumes its rightful place in Houston’s art scene, and that Houston takes its place among the top dance communities in the country.
- DanceSourceHouston.org – a comprehensive dance calendar for the Greater Houston Area as well a resource guide for current auditions, jobs, workshops, masterclasses, professional development and more.
- The Dance Card – a calendar of upcoming dance events, distributed throughout the inner loop and at dance events
- The Dance Source E-Newsletter – a weekly newsletter that lists performances, workshops, classes, auditions, opportunities, and jobs pertaining to dance.
- The Dance Table – set out at dance events to display brochures, posters, flyers, and postcards for all dance organizations.
- The Dance DiSH – Previews and reviews of local dance by leading national writers, created in response to a lack of coverage in commercial press.
Please note that memberships last for one year from date of purchase. Unused benefits cannot be carried forward from one year to the next.
- Access to Member meetings/convenings
- Access to artist in residence program
- Eligible to apply to Mind The Gap
- Discount to all Dance Source Houston workshops
- Discount to BarnStorm Dance Festival application fee
- Fresh Arts Member Discount
- Discount to Lynn Lane Photography
- Discount for Dance Source Houston distribution service
- Discount for Dance Source Houston Dance Card Ads
All benefits of Beginning membership plus:
- Inclusion in weekly Dance Source Houston newsletter member list and performance eblast
- Personalized web page listing on DanceSourceHouston.org
- Performance listings automatically posted on 365thingsinhouston.com, artshound.org, culturemap.com, fresharts.com, and visithoustontexas.com
- Access to production grants
- Discount on studio rental at participating facilities
- Access to the Dance Source mailing list of over 20,000 audience members
- Use of non-profit permit mailing privileges
- One year free Fractured Atlas Professional Membership
All benefits of Beginning and Intermediate membership plus:
- One written review or preview each season
- One free distribution of marketing materials
Members should contact the following staff members for specific program questions:
Website and newsletter listings – Jhon Stronks
Member performance eblast and performance information posting – Tiffany Schrepferman
Membership, writings, production grants, Dance Card ads, distribution service and general inquiries – Mollie Haven Miller
Dance Card Advertising: $125/2500 cards
1/3 page, full color ad, as available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Dance Source Houston will distribute your marketing materials to a list of approximately 100 locations inside the loop at a discounted member’s rate of $90 (regular price is $125). Distribution weeks are the first full and third weeks of each month. An additional 10% discount can be applied if 2 or more distributions are scheduled and paid for in advance. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Upcoming distribution deadlines:
|Distribution Date||Deadline For Materials to DSH|
|February 20||February 17|
|March 6||March 3|
|March 20||March 17|
|April 3||March 31|
|April 17||April 14|
|May 1||April 28|
|May 15||May 12|
Dance Source Houston and Fractured Atlas have teamed up through the Open Arts Network to give you even more resources to help you succeed in your creative projects. Through your affiliation with Dance Source Houston you can get one full year of free Professional Membership in Fractured Atlas and half off membership dues after the first year.
Fractured Atlas is a non-profit technology company that helps artists succeed as entrepreneurs.
- Raise Money
Fractured Atlas can help you raise tax-deductible donations to support your work throughfiscal sponsorship.
- Manage Risk
Insurance doesn’t have to be scary.Fractured Atlas get how artists work and will guide you every step of the way to get high quality insurance at great rates.
- Build an Audience
Artful.ly is free online software that helps you sell tickets, take donations, and track your fans. It’s easy to use and puts you in the driver’s seat.
- Find Space
Fractured Atlas build online rental marketplaces that connect artists who need space with venues who have it. Find the space you need, rent the space you’ve got. They’re in twelve regions across the US and Canada, with more coming.
- Collaborate Globally
International artist visas may come easier with a letter of consultation. Fractured Atlas can help.
- Learn Business Skills
Webinars, blog, pocket guides, and Fractured U. resource provide continuing education for D.I.Y. artists and accidental administrators.
How much does it cost?
The first year of your membership is free. After twelve months, you’ll receive half off membership dues for as long as you’re a member of Dance Source Houston, which comes out to $5.00/month.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 713-224-3262.