Calling all Dance Artists and Organizations!
Dance Source invites Houston based dance professionals and organizations to become members. Membership provides access to a range of services and is available at three levels: Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced. Please select the membership that is most appropriate to you. Your membership includes the benefits listed below as well as any new benefits as they are developed. Please note that Dance Source Houston strives to keep the cost of membership at a minimum, and that the benefits listed below are underwritten in part by support from the Houston Arts Alliance and The Houston Endowment.
Together, our combined strength ensures that dance assumes its rightful place in Houston’s art scene, and that Houston takes its place among the top dance communities in the country.
- DanceSourceHouston.org – a comprehensive dance calendar for the Greater Houston Area as well a resource guide for current auditions, jobs, workshops, masterclasses, professional development and more.
- The Dance Card – a calendar of upcoming dance events, distributed throughout the inner loop and at dance events
- The Dance Source E-Newsletter – a weekly newsletter that lists performances, workshops, classes, auditions, opportunities, and jobs pertaining to dance.
- The Dance Table – set out at dance events to display brochures, posters, flyers, and postcards for all dance organizations.
- The Dance DiSH – Previews and reviews of local dance by leading national writers, created in response to a lack of coverage in commercial press.
Please note that memberships last for one year from date of purchase. Unused benefits cannot be carried forward from one year to the next.
- Access to Member meetings/convenings
- Eligible to apply to Mind The Gap and artist in residence program
- Discount to all Dance Source Houston workshops
- Discount to BarnStorm Dance Festival application fee
- Fresh Arts Member Discount
- Discount to Lynn Lane Photography
- Discount for Dance Source Houston distribution service
- Discount for Dance Source Houston Dance Card Ads
All benefits of Beginning membership plus:
- Inclusion in weekly Dance Source Houston newsletter member list and performance eblast
- Personalized web page listing on DanceSourceHouston.org
- Performance listings automatically posted on 365thingsinhouston.com, artshound.org, culturemap.com, fresharts.com, and visithoustontexas.com
- Access to production grants
- Discount on studio rental at participating facilities
- Access to the Dance Source mailing list of over 20,000 audience members
- Use of non-profit permit mailing privileges
All benefits of Beginning and Intermediate membership plus:
- One written review or preview each season
- One free distribution of marketing materials
Members should contact the following staff members for specific program questions:
Website and newsletter listings, Artists In Residence – Jhon Stronks, Programs Manager
Member performance eblast and performance information posting – Tiffany Schrepferman
Membership, writings, production grants, Dance Card ads, distribution service, Barnstorm Dance Fest, Mind The Gap and general inquiries – Mollie Haven Miller, Executive Director
Dance Card Advertising: $125/2500 cards
1/3 page, full color ad, as available. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Dance Source Houston will distribute your marketing materials to a list of approximately 100 locations inside the loop at a discounted member’s rate of $100 (regular price is $140). Distribution weeks are the first full and third weeks of each month. An additional 10% discount can be applied if 2 or more distributions are scheduled and paid for in advance. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Upcoming distribution deadlines:
|Distribution Date||Deadline For Materials to DSH|
|August 21||August 18|
|September 4||September 1|
|October 2||September 29|
|October 16||October 13|
|November 6||November 3|
|December 4||December 1|
|December 18||December 15|
Questions? Contact email@example.com or call 713-224-3262.